FBA Board of Directors Meeting - August 31, 2013
3:50 PM Meeting Open
Board Members Present: : Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig, Gail Cushing, Katie Buchanan
Guests in Attendance: Wendy Wolfe, EJ Krause, Angelia Iverson, Don Fisher, Bob Parker, Donna & Chuck Ray, Donna Kendall, Jim Frazee
- Reps for Edgewater - lead rep Wendy Wolfe, Tony Wolfe and Cindy Bennett
- Reps for Kissimmee - lead rep Chuck Ray, Donna Ray, EJ Krause, Cindy Bennett
- Loss of member Mike Byrd, Kick the Tire Light the Fire on August 26th, flowers were sent.
- Grant canceled, scheduling conflicts, will reschedule in spring 2014.
- Approved Martin County Fair - Stewart FL, April 25th & 26th, 2014
- Melbourne, FL canceled.
Treasurer's Report - Marty Hyde via email
- Currently Bank Balance: $31,259.58
- Outstanding Income: Fun Cook Teams/RV Site ???
- Outstanding Expenses: Fun Cook Teams Payout
Judges Committee: Marty Hyde
- The Judges Committee met Sunday, 25 August 2013. Each
Committee member was provided the Table Captains Script and Table Captains
Outline. Committee members were asked to review the script and write a
lesson plan for Table Captain Training. Once formatted, it will be
presented to the Board for Approval and if proposal passes, will be
presented to individuals selected to Table Captain. Intent; this 15-20
minute briefing will replace reading the Table Captain Script as selected
Contests - Tony Wolfe & board
- March 2014 will only have 4 weekends, weekend consisting of Friday & Saturday
- Okeechobee, March 21st & 22nd.
- Need to verify dates for Eagle Lake & Ashburn, both pending.
- Tallahassee, March 28th & 29th.
- April 11-12, 2014 Planes, Trains, and Barbeque Tavares, FL
- The FBA Triple Crown Series has been terminated. Dawn Taylor will still have Southern Pines Blues & BBQ.
- FBA State Championships 2014
- Alabama - Dothan, April 11th & 12th
- Georgia - Thomaston, April 4th & 5th
- Florida - Venice, April 18th & 19th
- FBA has joined with Operation BBQ Relief - ww.operationbbqrelief.org
- The 2014 Team of the Year season begins with the first contest after the 2013 Funcook - Lakeland, FL - on September 7, 2013. It will end with the last contest in 2014 before the 2014 Funcook. Contests starting with the 2013 contest in Lakeland, FL and ending with Perry, FL in December 2013 will count towards both the 2013 and 2014 Team of the Year.
- Board also revised Sanctioning - revisions are in highlighted in red on the FBA web site.
Being no other business meeting closed at 4:56 PM
Next Board meeting will be September 30th 8 PM ET
Minutes submitted by Katie Buchanan