FBA Board Meeting 28th Jan 2013, 8:00 PM
Board members present - Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig, Marty Hyde, Katie Buchanan, Don Miller, Gail Cushing and Steve Brumm
Guests present; Wendy Wolfe. Mac McLaughlin, EJ Krauss, Lou Goldman and Damon Wooley
Email business - Katie Buchanan
- The FBA lost member John "Terry" Madden (Mad Dog) on 18th Jan 2013, flowers were sent, thank you Gail Cushing.
- Apopka needs 5th rep, Gail Cushing declines, replaced with Bob Youngblood
- Sanction approvals - Zephyrhills, Jacksonville, Jessup, GA/FL Tailgate
- Additional reps needed Venice, Gail Cushing; Ft Myers, Donna Ray; Apopka, Cindy Bennett, EJ Krauss and Bob Youngblood; Oviedo, EJ Krauss; Eagle Lake, Cindy Bennett; Treasure Coast, Cindy Bennett and EJ Krauss
- Change of reps - Tavares remove Sheila Jones; add Ida & Leon Isaac; Barnesville remove Ida & Leon Isaac; add Lorne & Steve Brumm
Treasurers Report - Marty Hyde
I'd like to thank Ricky Ginsburg for all the support provided during this transition. He's provided exceptional guidance and direction most often within the hour.
- Bank Account established with PNC Bank
- President, Tony Wolfe, & Treasurer, Marty Hyde are on the account.
- PayPal account has been transferred and running smooth.
- Again, Tony Wolfe & Marty Hyde are on the account
- Credit Card swipe device on hand and activated.
- Balance to include today's (01/29/13) deposit; $29,035.23, with no outstanding bills.
- Database - members 819; lifetime 24; restaurant 13; corporate 6; teams 191; judges 538
Membership - Katie Buchanan
- 15 new members
- 3 new restaurants, plaques have been sent, thank you Donna Ray
Judges Committee - Marty Hyde
- FL BBQ News Update in Final draft and will be out for Winter Haven and Apopka Contest
Contests - Damon Wooley
- Discussion on a GBA & FBA duel sanction contest
- Also discussion on use of push pin on web site for organizers & judges
- Apopka to have 24-7 security, OK if cook teams want to drop off trailers after Winter Haven
- Need to keep in contact with organizers, emails, calls
- Damon Wooley to be added to all emails concerning sanctioning of contest
Old business - None
No further business meeting adjourned at 8:56pm
- Mac McLaughlin requested to add a judge seminar on Friday night before St. Petersburg contest, Marty Hyde will be available
- Steve Brumm suggested badges for board members
- Discussion on how the FBA can better utilize the Red Push Pin for Judges.
Next meeting 25th Feb 2013, at 8PM
Minutes submitted by Katie Buchanan