FBA Board of Directors Meeting - July 25, 2011
8:01 pm Meeting Open
Board Members Present: Forrest Dilmore, Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig, Dana Hillis, Gary Blevins
Guests in Attendance: Gail Cushing, Pamela Marmar, Lou Goldman, Wendy Wolfe, Mac MacLaughlin, Ray Lesko, Damon Wooley, Russ Sylvester
June minutes approved by email
- Triple Crown (Ed Hartwig)- Ed needs emails from Master Judges to put them in drawing, to be held at Funcook
Treasurer's Report - Ricky Ginsburg reported by Dana Hillis:
- $53,998.53 in the bank, no outstanding bills.
- Database: Cook Teams: 208, Judges: 425, Total Paid Membership 776
Membership - Gary Blevins
- 8 new members
- New Stuart contest in the making for 2012
- Tallahassee contest: approximately 2 months off. There will be 2 or 3 contests this weekend.
- Beulah (Ed)- volunteer fire department want a $10,000.00 payout. Ed will follow up. This will be the same weekend as Pompano Beach.
- Audit (Dana Hillis)- A forensic auditor, Tom Sadaka and Dan are meeting with all the paperwork to review books, by-laws, how to pay taxes. Meeting is planned for Tuesday or Wednesday this week. This will give an opinion as to if a formal audit is warranted.
- Fun Cook- Janet Hillis and Wendy Wolfe, has no backyard and no cook teams signed up. 5 entries in the anything but. 16 signed up for judges class. Shirts are being ordered and 10 sites are reserved already.
- Triple Crown (Ed Hartwig)- Still working on trophies, has had no response back on Jim McCoin on sponsoring trophies. Dana will contact Jim and pursue other avenues if needed.
- Rep Training (Ed Hartwig)- any judge who is interested in becoming a rep needs to contact Dennis Schmitz and arrange an interview. Ida is on vacation. Forrest will have Ricky send out an email to judges to contact Dennis if they wish to become a rep.
- Ed Hartwig and Tony Wolfe- 50, 75, and 100 contest pins for judges will be given out. Tony and all reps have these pins.
- Tony Wolfe- Thank you to Damon Wooley for setting up a tent to sell FBA merchandise at Live Oak contest. $197 of merchandise was sold.
- Tony Wolfe- hats/visors and 200 tee shirts will be available at the Funcook.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:37 pm
Gary Blevins, Secretary FBA
Next Meeting: September 2, 2011 - 6:30pm at the Funcook