FBA Board of Directors Meeting - July 30, 2012
8:02 pm Meeting Open
Board Members Present: Dana Hillis, Gail Cushing, Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig.
Guests in Attendance: Marty Hyde, Henry Scott, Katie Buchanan, Lou Goldman.
June minutes approved by email
- Ray Lesko, long time FBA Rep passed away at 1:15pm on July 23rd.
- Ricky Ginsburg sent out a spreadsheet showing 87 judges that need to renew their membership.
- Board of Directors need to finish voting on the election/voting process. Approval was met by voting and elections will be counted by an outside source.
- Let us all welcome our newest Lifetime Members: Bart & Tracy Welch and Susan Green & Earl Doty. Our newest Restaurant members: Smok'n Mo's BBQ - Homosassa, FL, and Big Bill's Barbecue - Winter Haven, FL., and Pat Post from Southern Fuelwood Inc. our newest Corporate Member.
- Our total merchandise sales at SOTW in Live Oak was $1140.
- Pam Marmar has finished contacting all past organizers in regard to the raffle prizes for the fun cook. Certificates have been created and sent to Wendy Wolfe.
- Amend the sanctioning agreement to include the following options for reps:
1) I would like the same reps as last year.
2) I would like the same lead rep but would like the closest available reps for the other positions.
3) I would like to be contacted about the availability of reps closer to my event.
- No new Reps in training.
Treasurer's Report - Ricky Ginsburg:
- Total Assets: : $36,747.05, no outstanding bills
- Database: 708 members of whom 21 are lifetime members, 10 are restaurants and 6 are corporate sponsors. We have 179 cook teams and 422 judges.
Membership - Gail M. Cushing: 1. New Members - 33, Lifetime Members - 2, Restaurant Members - 2, Corporate Members - 1
Contests - Damon Wooley:
Old Business: no old business
- Tony Wolfe and Gail Cushing will work with Ricky Ginsburg to discuss updating the FBA website. Proposed "new" website will be presented to the BOD at the Funcook for discussion.
- Until we have positive actions on the part of the membership in regard to recruiting sponsors for the Triple Crown there will be no further discussion for a plaque or pin as a momentum.
Judges Committee: Marty Hyde
- Almost completed the JOTY tracking program. The committee will finish up this week and send a proposal to the BOD for discussion, voting and approval.
- Next subject to work on will be: How judges gain entry into different contests.
Bylaws Committee: Tom Snow - no report
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:38 pm
Respectfully submitted by: Gail M. Cushing
Next Meeting: August 27, 2012