FBA Board of Directors Meeting - March 26, 2012
8:00 pm Meeting Open
Board Members Present: Dana Hillis, Tony Wolfe, Gail Cushing, Ricky Ginsburg, Ed Hartwig, Damon Wooley
Guests in Attendance: Wendy Wolfe, Mac McLaughlin, Marty Hyde, Ida Issacs
February minutes approved by email
- There was a lot of communications back and forth discussing the Thomaston GA contest. There will be a judge's seminar for anyone who wants to become a judge or refresh their judging skills. The BBQ Pitmasters will be filming their TV show at the contest. There will be between 60-70 teams and there is still a need for judges.
- Martin County Fair is hosting a judging seminar Thursday May 31, 2012 at 7pm.
- Jacksonville's non sanctioned event at Everbank Field, May 5, 2012 will be advertised on the FBA website.
- One of the members asked if there will be minutes from the special meeting. Those minutes will be incorporated into the March minute report.
- The new By-law Committee is in place. Patricia Sadaka, Norm Cukras, Lou Goldman, and Tom Snow, are on the committee. Please welcome them and aid in their success if asked.
- On March 9, 2012 we lost one of our own. Fred Pirkle passed away. His service was on March 16th in Churchville PA.
Treasurer's Report - Ricky Ginsburg:
- Total Assets: $43,989.61, no outstanding bills
- Database: Database: 717 members of whom 18 are lifetime members, 9 are restaurants and 7 are corporate. We have 177 teams and 416 judges.
Membership - Gail M. Cushing: 28 New Members.
Contests - Damon Wooley:
- Our Rep trainers are busy training new reps for the field. We have Sheilah Jones, Bob Youngblood,
and Gail Cushing as newly badged reps. Tony Wolfe and E J Kraus are our new reps in training.
- Merchandise Trailer: It was discussed, motioned and voted upon that Tony Wolfe purchase a 5x8 enclosed trailer w/ FBA logo. He is the member who is in charge of our FBA merchandise. He is not able to store and haul our entire product line to the contests in his truck. The trailer is needed to aid in his job.
- Special Meeting: The meeting was held on March 19, 2012. It came to order at 8pm. Those in attendance were Dana Hillis, Tony and Wendy Wolfe, Gail Cushing, Ed Hartwig, Damon Wooley, Marty and Karen Hyde, Dan and Katie Buchanan, Henry Scott and Lou Goldman. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss changing the term of BOD members. The Bylaw was read and the newly proposed Bylaw was read. No one had any comments, concerns, suggestions or any other issue. Everyone likes the idea of the added stability the 2 year term will add to the organization and no one feels it will take anything away from what we already have. It was stated at the meeting there will be an official member-wide vote on April 23rd, either on the internet or post if a member does not have email. The meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.
- It was discussed and voted upon that we purchase 3 new computers for our 3 lead reps to use at the contests.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:41 pm
Respectfully submitted by: Gail M. Cushing
Next Meeting: April 30, 2012