FBA Board of Directors Meeting - May 21, 2012
8:00 pm Meeting Open
Board Members Present: Tony Wolfe, Gail Cushing, Ricky Ginsburg, Damon Wooley, Ed Hartwig
Guests in Attendance: : Marty Hyde, Henry Scott, Wendy Wolfe
April minutes approved by email
- Tom Sadaka has been voted in as our 7th Board of Director, taking the place of Ray Lesko who retired last month.
- It was proposed to end the Judge of the Year program. The majority of the Board members voted against ending the program.
- The new Table Captain script is complete and posted on the web site.
- Merchandise sales for Venice and Barnsville was (after expenses) $827.00. Sales from Ft. Pierce and Starke (after expenses) $590.00
- Steve and Lorne Brumm are now FBA Qualified Representatives.
Treasurer's Report - Ricky Ginsburg:
- Total Assets: : $30,479.71, no outstanding bills
- Database: 768 members of whom 18 are lifetime members, 9 are restaurants and 7 are corporate sponsors. We have 179 cook teams and 457 judges.
Membership - Gail M. Cushing: 20 New Members.
Contests - Damon Wooley: No new contests to report.
Old Business: No old business
- We lost two of our members this month. Keith Hall and Mrs. Gene Nezat. The Board members agreed to send a basket to Gene Nezat. Keith Hall's family asked that a donation to the Wounded Warrior Foundation be made in his name, so that is what the FBA did for him.
- It was also suggested that a basket be sent to Ray Lesko to show the support of the FBA during this difficult time. Carol Rodehaver received the basket on May 23, 2012.
- On June 1, 2012 emails will be sent out (and letters to those members who do not have email) reminding members that membership renewals are due by June 30, 2012.
Judges Committee: Marty Hyde
- Marty Hyde proposed that a Judges Refresher Training course be presented at the different contests just after the script is read. The details are being worked out. He will also work with the committee to refine the JOTY program.
- Tom Snow was absent. Tony Wolfe stepped up as representative for the committee. The Bylaws Committee members are taking the Articles one by one, reviewing and suggesting changes. There was nothing further to report.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:43 pm
Respectfully submitted by: Gail M. Cushing
Next Meeting: June 25, 2012